Experience: 2-3 years
Location: Technopark, Trivandrum
As a Rigging Artist at TILTLABS, you will be responsible for creating high-quality character rigs for our digital projects. You will work closely with the animation team to ensure all characters are properly rigged and ready for animation. In this role, you will be expected to have a strong understanding of human and animal anatomy and experience in rigging and skinning.
The tasks a Rigging Artist is expected to perform include the following:
- Creating computer-generated controls
- Creating rigs for movements in models used for animation
- Determining the rigs to be built by understanding the story and characters
- Creating prototypes/pilots for testing
- Checking the final rigs to ensure they are clean, efficient, have realistic movements, and are animation friendly.
- Being well-versed in the principles of 3D modeling and animation
- Possessing knowledge of human anatomy, skeleton structure, joints, etc.
- Being proficient in calculating a rig
- Knowing rigging principles, processes, systems, etc.
- Being well-versed in writing computer scripts and programs to create the desired rigs in models
- Knowing software like Autodesk Maya, 3D Studio Max, Blender, etc.
- Create high-quality character rigs for digital projects
- Work closely with the animation team to ensure that characters are properly rigged and ready for animation
- Troubleshoot rigging and skinning issues as needed
- Collaborate with other artists to ensure that all assets are optimized for the project
- Maintain a high level of quality in all work produced
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and techniques related to rigging and skinning
- 2-3 years of experience as a Rigging Artist
- Strong understanding of human and animal anatomy
- Proficiency in Maya, 3ds Max or equivalent software
- Experience in rigging and skinning
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
If you meet the above requirements and are excited about the opportunity to join our team at TILTLABS, please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!